The F.P.Journe Chronomètre Optimum most certainly joins the great iconic timepieces of F.P.Journe Haute Horology, in an ongoing quest for precision, innovation and excellence.
The Chronomètre Optimum symbolises the very essence of precision for a wristwatch endorsing the accomplishment of F.P.Journe chronometric research:
- The double barrel with its two springs ensures the stability of the driving force of this emblematic movement made of 18K rose Gold, a specificity of the brand.
- The patented constant-force remontoire balances the driving force applied to the escapement to make it constant.
- The patented High-Performance Bi-axial Escapement (EBHP) is a two-wheel direct impulse escapement functions without oil and is the only direct impulse escapement to start up on its own. But not only does it function without lubricant, it also has far greater output than the majority of escapements: 50 hours without loss of amplitude.
- The balance with a spiral with Phillips curve guarantees better equilibrium.
- A natural dead beat second on the back of the movement's bridge.
The aesthetics of the hour, minute and small second displays and of the 70-hour power reserve are in perfect harmony with the visible wheel of the constant-force remontoir on the face of the dial.